Wednesday, July 21, 2010

From Babs


Dear Family, Friends and Readers of Renee,

I am truly honored to be included in a group that Renee called her friends.

I first discovered Renee through reading her comments on KJ's blog. She was so cleverly funny, sincerely kind, and genuine sounding in her appreciation and love of others, that I immediately wanted to know her myself. I clicked on her name to get to her blog and was blown away to discover that she was sick. Very sick. I couldn't believe it, as I'd never have known it by reading her comments to others. Renee was all about others, and not herself.

I was a little dismayed to see she had so many followers, but left a comment anyway, never dreaming she would have the time or interest to visit one more blog. But visit she did. It was never a 'generic' comment she left on my blog, but one that made me know she was actually reading, and knowing me,,,,me personally. I am including a favorite conversation I had with Renee. It's a comment I made on her blog, and her reply to it. It was a post about a fun group forming a virtual "Gypsy Caravan" to travel the world, spreading good cheer. I wanted so badly to join in and be a part of the fun, but didn't feel like I should jump into someone else's dream, uninvited. Maybe I could just follow along from the sidelines and enjoy watching the tour.

My comment:

"On the road again
like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
we're the best of friends, insisting that the world keep turning our way,,,,,"

oh,,,'scuse me, I got caught up in the moment.Willie says he and I can sit in, do a few sets in your Caravan Show if you're needin any more entertainers.

January 27, 2010 11:43 PM

And Renee's reply:

Oh darling you must join and you are gypsy 24. You and Willie can sing even that same song everyday if you both don't know any others.

Love you darling Babs.

Renee xoxo

January 28, 2010 6:24 AM

To me, this is the essence of Renee. To include all in her circle of love. To love when she didn't feel like it. To have fun and be witty while in such pain. To attend to others needs. Her grace and strength always shining.

I am so proud to be able to say that I know Renee, and I am her friend. I think of her daily and watch for her in all things beautiful in this world. Till we meet again Dear Renee,,,I will quote you: "Thanks for the priviledge".

Babs

Oklahoma, USA

2 comments:

  1. babs, there is nothing i like better than when my friends become friends. i am so glad you and renee both enjoyed one another. she made me the pickpocket on the gypsy caravan. at first i was abit insulted until she explained that my unassuming charm would make me very effective in the job. har har har!

    wisdom and courage and irreverance are a combination hard to beat. i miss her too, babs, every single day.

    thank you so much for writing this.

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babs.... your moving tribute made me smile and cry - at the SAME TIME! Weren't we all so blessed to have met Renee while she was here on Earth? She is STILL close to us and looks after us all....

    A most loving post from you -her family will treasure is...as will hee blogging family....

    Hugs from a Fellow Gypsy,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete