Monday, March 22, 2010

From Vicki Holdwick


I first "met" Renee when I happened upon her blog post entitled "Regarding Wahid" in late November. I was so touched by her writing style and her honesty and had no idea the bats were already driving her mad.

I left a comment and then she began to visit my blog and leave very nice comments. We both are from large families and my Mom who is 85 came to stay with me and she gave me lots of advice about enjoying the visit and living in the moment instead of worrying about what might be.

We exchanged only about a dozen notes, but I felt closely connected to her. The last one I received was the one in which she told me I could be gypsy number 9.

I probably didn't know Renee as well as many of the people contributing to this book, but I really felt connected because of the kind of person she was. I miss her terribly.

Xoxo vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment